The postal sector number is represented by the second digit of the postal code
Each postal region is divided into postal sectors (each region consists of maximum 8 sectors). Sectors are numbered starting from 2 to 9; number (1) is excluded for government and exceptional services usage.
Sectors are divided according to the following basis:
- The center of the region, which is usually its capital, is assigned the first number of sector numbers.
- Sectors to the south of the center are assigned even numbers.
- Sectors to the north of the center are assigned odd numbers.
Upon dividing sectors, the following was taken into consideration:
- The borders of provinces' domains within any postal region.
- Terrain and geographical factors, such as: mountains, plains, valleys between provinces.
- Economic costs resulting from providing postal and logistic services.
- Population distribution and density inside the sectors.
Sectors within Riyadh Region